dear Ipod - this was indeed a most wonderful insightful and...

1. 2,416 Posts.
    dear Ipod - this was indeed a most wonderful insightful and inspiring post. No I am not a day trader although I do day trade when I can (and I love this thread guys). Mostly I trade short term or longer term with a small amount of true 'investment'. The GFC and melt down has taught me a great deal - and coincides with just about every point you make re trading. A lot of it actually applies to any form of trading. The colour coding works a treat - I've done it with everything else so why not in stocks - so I started this late last year - I also have moved my reconciliations on the Excel spread sheet to daily plus a weekly ( weekly is essential) as opposed to a bit laxadasical, maybe monthly and primarily for the accountant. Now its for me - to see, analyse , understand, learn and plan the next moves. You are SO right - never buy the same stock higher than you sold on the same day. Stuff averaging down - its adding to a losing position - yeah - I got that one (finally). Yep, its a business - it ain't a hobby although it sure is fun. All the best with your new job. A

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.