AMS 2.94% 3.5¢ atomos limited

The bear thesis comparison with GoPro is a little misleading....

1. 43 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22

The bear thesis comparison with GoPro is a little misleading.

Yes Gopro pioneered the micro action-cam market as Atomos did the monitor/recorder, but that's pretty much where I see the comparison ends.

Unlike GoPro, Atomos actually do have a tech moat, namely they own the Timecode IP and it's AppleProRes RAW recording ecosystem now encompasses 21 cameras; including almost all the top brands in the world and growing. Their brand is built on world-leading proprietary tech that leverages strategic relationships with all major camera manufacturers.

Trying to replicate and undercut the atomos ecosystem will be a very difficult and expensive task - one which will take many years and require the cooperation of all the existing atomos camera partners.

The considerable effort and expense needed to capture atomos's niche market is not a risk that keeps me up at night. The risk reward of such a strategy makes little financial sense for most aspiring competitors IMHO.

I see the Atomos share price graph as far more likely returning to its solid rising pattern pre-covid than follow the slow death of the Gopro share price. Of course, we are all just sharing our opinions and DYOR.
    Last edited by DocTango: 13/08/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.5¢
Change
0.001(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $42.47M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.5¢ 3.5¢ 3.3¢ $5.848K 171.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 1043986 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 327103 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.