CCE 0.00% 4.0¢ carnegie clean energy limited

Virtual power plants, page-7

1. 4,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 786
    Are you sure of this? It doesn't require a smart meter for solar panels to export to the grid, so I can't see why it would require one to export battery power to the grid. The key thing is that the export of power can be controlled from an internet-connected grid-tie inverter behind the meter rather than being centrally controlled by the network through a smart meter.

Of course houses with the old simple "spinning wheel" meters need to get new meters as a matter of course when solar panels or controlled load/off peak services are installed, and this would be the case where new battery+solar is installed in a house (but no different that a solar-only installation).

One area where smart meters would be required is implementation of grid-controlled demand management, e.g. enabling the grid to turn down (or off) appliances such as air conditioners or pool pumps during periods of critical demand.

BTW 1 in 4 QLD houses have solar panels:

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/one-in-four-queensland-homes-now-have-solar-panels-installed-abs/

(I'd reckon the Power networks would like to see smart meters in every house - they's make a fortune!)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $14.64M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.0¢ 4.0¢ 4.0¢ $380 9.505K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10864 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.1¢ 10662 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 16/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CCE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.