virus on hot copper??, page-48

1. 4,045 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Posted this on the feedback thread this am...

Yep same problems here, only started happening this morning, it doesn't matter if I'm using Internet Explorer or Firefox, AVG Antivirus gives me the same error message every time a page loads on HC:

Danger: AVG Active Surf-Shield has detected active threats on this page and has blocked access for your protection.
    The page you are trying to access has been identified as a known exploit, phishing, or social engineering web site and therefore has been blocked for your safety. Without protection, such as that in the AVG Security Toolbar and AVG, your computer is at risk of being compromised, corrupted or having your identity stolen.

URL: www.assetmancomcareers.com/vasek/index.php
    Name: SEO Sploit pack (type 781)

To follow on from my previous post, I've disabled the AVG Active Surf protection which does stop the AVG error messages from appearing every time I load a page, however now there are some strange things happening: My mouse wheel scroller no longer works on HC, & also the information bar at the bottom of the Firefox browser says "waiting for www.assetmancomcareers.com".

Sounds like a dud advertising company, or maybe the site is being hacked so that someone can get our login information, passwords etc.

Not good either way :(

I changed settings in Firefox but the problems persist.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.