MGX 1.82% 28.0¢ mount gibson iron limited

vision for mgx

1. 544 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    "can somebody please tell me why MGX are worth almost 2bn?? and at around 1.50 they are a good buy?? i just cant seem to understand why mount gibson iron continue to be touted by many as a great iron ore play

they are producing at 10mtpa, yes thats good, but their resources are declining fast, with less than 10 years left, and i think they have about 100mt remaining on their three major assets....they have not paid a damn dividend yet..where is the value????

i think mgx is way WAY over valued, and for once i share the same opinion as huntleys. I would rather put my money into MMX, who are valued at 1bn less, with a major chinese company as a JV partner and with stage 2 approved, will soon produce around 15mtpa, they will pay dividends.

if someone can point out some very good reasons why mgx is superior to its other WA peers i may change my mind."

I have done some research on MGX tonight and I"m having the same questions as above (one of the great post I read). I knew someone would have posted this! I understand that MGX is a great company, however, is there any future plan for the company when it appoaches the end of the mine life? how is this company going to create a sustainable future? BHPB's famous for it's "long life, low cost, tier 1 assets" for iron ore. What about MGX?

This is purely a fundamental analysis post. Would be great if you guys can answer these questions in facts and numbers (certainly not in charts or just by gut feels =D )

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
0.005(1.82%)
Mkt cap ! $341.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.0¢ 29.0¢ 28.0¢ $224.7K 796.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 132300 28.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.5¢ 103176 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.