XJO 0.55% 7,629.0 s&p/asx 200

Visit your Relatives Wednesday

1. 19,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    170516 visit your relatives day.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good Morning and Welcome to the XJO Wednesday Thread

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News for Today (AEST)
    170516 news.png

The XJO continued higher on Tuesday
    Spread narrowed, and volume increased - which would generally suggest selling pressure and infer weakness, although it should be noted that volume remained below average overall (so if there was selling pressure, the amount of volume suggests it was not particularly serious).  
    However that said, as price was moving through the double lines of potential resistance above, it may be that supply was being absorbed as it pushed up through that level (and that in turn may explain the reduced spread).
    It seems that recently there is always another possible excuse or reason why we have to wait for some sort of confirmation bar, each time price continues higher.  Anyway we'll probably know the answer tomorrow sometime - an upbar or test would suggest the absorption scenario, and a decent sized downbar would suggest the supply theory.  FWIW, I lean slightly towards the absorption scenario, although I am not wedded to it.

170516 xjo.png

170516.png

Good Trading and Investing

Bull Vs Bear 32.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.