ADO 4.55% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

vitamin d - diasorin

1. 66 Posts.
    Ever since ds posted that Diasorin was the company in question regarding the 'bet' about sensitivity levels at the Southern Cross conference, it has made me really take notice because it lines up nicely with my own research.

And the news about this fast-tracked Japanese patent has confirmed my thoughts and got me a little excited.

In the BRR interview about the June quarterly Geoff mentions that 'significant excitement levels on both sides' has been generated by improving an IVD customer's sensitivity from 3pg/ml to 0.4pg/ml (the similarity in sensitivity figures points to the same bet at the Southern Cross conference). I asked him about this and he said that the company in question was "one of the majors and dominates (55%) market share with one of the fastest growing tests on the market", and that the sensitivity improvement was achieved on another test that they wanted to use as a model to demonstrate the capabilities of Mix & Go.

I took this to mean that they were testing out Mix & Go on a smaller test with the aim of incorporating it into this fast-growing test with a current 55% market share.

So I have been snooping around and I came across the "2012-2015 Strategy" document from Diasorin (see the bottom of slide 4): http://www.diasorin.com/files/Presentazioni/2011/DiaSorin-Investor%20Day/DiaSorin%20Investor%20Day%20-%20Part%207%20-%202012-2015%20Strategy.pdf

You can clearly see that their Vitamin D test has a 55% market share. And they are looking at Euro10-20m per year for this test alone.

Ok, that's pretty good.

Then you have a look at the second slide and in the first column it says "Launch of Vitamin D in Japan by Q4 2012".

Ok, now that's very interesting.

There is another Diasorin presentation on their Vitamin D program that is really pretty interesting

http://www.diasorin.com/files/Presentazioni/2011/DiaSorin-Investor%20Day/DiaSorin%20Investor%20Day%20-%20Part%204%20-%20Vitamin%20D.pdf

As you can see, Japan and China are huge future markets for the Vitamin D test, and that in Europe less than 5% are tested currently (as opposed to 50% in the US), so there is still potential future growth in Europe as well.

My thoughts were that they will incorporate Mix & Go into their LIAISON Vitamin D range. Now that the quick Japanese patent has surfaced, I feel even more confident.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
-0.001(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $51.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $2.974K 137.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 62000 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 562615 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.34am 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.