TLS 0.26% $3.90 telstra group limited

vizard-'shame shame shame'

1. 4,263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Based on what's been made public up until the date of the trial, if SV manages to by some miracle dodge a criminal conviction then we may as well start to rewrite the corporations law and directors governance duties and responsiblities for all concerned

I'm all for maintaining the ethics,code of conduct,integrity,respect adherence to abiding by the laws and regulations in place by those in the securities ind

Vizard returns to face the music

Date : 17/07/2005

Reporter: Alan Kohler

ALAN KOHLER: Steve Vizard flew back into Melbourne last night to face the music, two weeks after ASIC revealed he had admitted using his position as a director of Telstra to buy and sell shares with inside knowledge. He faces sentencing in the Federal Court on Thursday with the prospect of a fine of up to $600,000 and a ban on being a director for up to five years. Vizard spoke to reporters after stepping off the plane.

STEVE VIZARD: I've spoken to my lawyers and you'll understand that, because of the situation and because of the legal process, I've been advised not to say anything at this point. But I do want to say a couple of things.

The first is I am here and I'll cop it on the chin. I know there's been a lot of public debate over the past week or so in my absence and to a large extent, that debate has been based on very limited information. I do look forward to a fuller picture being painted at some more appropriate time.

On a more personal front and perhaps most importantly, I want to say this: I am acutely conscious of the fact that very many people feel that they've been let down. I'm aware of that. To all of those people, to my friends, to my colleagues, to my family, to the public at large, I want to be crystal clear - I'm deeply, deeply sorry and I intend to work actively over the rest of my life to try and set things right.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.90
Change
0.010(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $45.06B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.87 $3.90 $3.86 $47.13M 12.11M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 85316 $3.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.90 383741 58
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.