VMT 3.70% 14.0¢ vmoto limited

Vmoto and Social Media, page-1563

1. MTV
    1,764 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 596
    Yea nah.

Charging is not about getting power into a battery, it is about getting current into a battery. Voltage and power is what you need to do it. The result is charge stored in the battery. If the charge current is being delivered at a much higher voltage than the battery's terminal voltage, then the extra power (in this case nearly 3/4 of it) has to go somewhere, and that somewhere will be heat - lots of it. Generally, such a mismatch is very inefficient at the very least, but in this case it will end with a bang.

I don't pretend to know the details of how they are doing it, but I can think of ways that something called a 220VDC fast charger could be used to charge something called a 60V battery. The obvious one would be a DC-to-DC converter interposed between charger and battery, and built into the battery assembly. These can be designed to accept a wide range of input voltage, and is the specific part of the "internal battery changing circuitry" that I had in mind when I used the term in an earlier post a few days ago:

"I'm assuming it is the charging supply to the battery, which will be different to the output voltage from it, and in principle could even be AC rather than DC. I'm not sure what they are using ATM, but DC can be used more efficiently than AC by the internal battery changing circuitry (less heat dissipation), and higher voltage means lower current handling requirements in the charging station, and charging connections to the battery."

"I think the half hour charge time of the new VMT battery (system) was probably determined by the maximum heat dissipation they could reasonably achieve. It would not surprise me if the fast charging stations have forced air cooling. The charging station and internal battery circuitry will have then been designed to handle the required current (considerably beefed up compared to the standard 60V/45Ahr battery). The "220V DC technology" probably helps in this regard, reducing the current requirement relative to a lower voltage, and increasing efficiency, but requiring higher voltage rated components in the charging station and internal charging circuitry of the battery."

However, such a battery, internally fitted with it's own DC-to-DC converter, is not the context of my last post, which you quoted.

All IMO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.005(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $58.54M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 14.0¢ 12.0¢ $17.69K 133.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 73958 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 653031 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.