VMT 4.17% 12.5¢ vmoto limited

Learning on the Journey.Could 100% ownership of manufacturing...

1. VYR
    4,680 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3027
    Learning on the Journey.

Could 100% ownership of manufacturing and Local Assembly be the new direction following the Soco disputes and Settlement.

No mention of a manufacturing JV partner In the Vmoto Thailand launch article. My guess is that the Thai Guy speaking alongside Adam Cui is the local manager of Vmoto Thailand.

I heard some time ago that the people they were talking to about JV distribution and manufacturing agreements wanted perpetual JV's and VMT was reluctant to do that and had a preference for fixed time renewable by agreement arrangements.

It seems they are going alone on local assembly and some local parts manufacture and will have standard renewable distribution agreements in the Asian markets.

On the subject of Charged I wonder if that agreement will alter with them buying Thai Built bikes so they can concentrate their efforts and allocate all their available capital to distribution sales and servicing. A win-win which makes sense given their MD Joel Chang is a successful Salesman who failed miserably twice trying to become a manufacturer of electric two wheelers. His only success prior to that was as MD of a BMW dealer. Teaming up with VMT confirms he is comfortable recognising his short comings and concentrating on his strengths.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.