VMT 8.33% 13.0¢ vmoto limited

Vmoto and Social Media, page-6

1. MTV
    1,662 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 573
    "I think Veeone may have meant to say trawling social media as opposed to trolling"

Actually I think he did mean 'Trolling'. Outside of social media jargon it can have the following meaning:
    the act of searching among a large number or many different places in order to find people or information you want.
    See: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/trolling

'Trawling' can be synonymous:
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/trawling

Both words primarily refer to a type of fishing and seem to have been borrowed in parallel as metaphors to have the same additional meaning.

It is probably advisable to use 'Trawling' these days to avoid confusion, especially on social media.

Great thread and initial post.

"I don't spend my day 'trolling' social media pages"

Actually, from what you were saying in your post, you do - see definitions above.

Interesting about your research tool. Sounds quite exiting and I applaud it.

I see nothing wrong with trawling/trolling/searching the internet & social media for information/chatter and nothing wrong with creating some of the said content (we're all doing both here). That's legitimate. Where I think we differ is in our views on how the company (or officers thereof) should be using social media. It is one thing to use it as a marketing tool, but quite another to use it to flag business plans and activities.

There are rules around this, and a perfectly good mechanism of market reporting which has been devised to level the information playing field. Attempting to use social media in parallel with market announcements & reporting could quickly land the company in big trouble with the ASX and the regulators. They would only be permitted to repeat what has already been said through official channels, so why bother. If they let slip anything new and significant they would be in trouble, so why take the risk.

Last edited by MTV: 18/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
0.010(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $52.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 13.0¢ 12.0¢ $22.73K 182.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 31385 12.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.0¢ 208534 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.0¢
  Change
0.010 ( 4.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.0¢ 12.0¢ 12.0¢ 2800
Last updated 12.48pm 03/05/2024 ?
VMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.