VMT 3.33% 14.5¢ vmoto limited

Thanks MTV.And to clarify, the vmoto.com website is or isnt slow...

1. 1,356 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 425
    Thanks MTV.
    And to clarify, the vmoto.com website is or isnt slow to load in NZ?

As for the nuclear debate I personally have no educated viewpoint. I haven't spent any time researching it and do not know what to believe or who to trust.

However, you seem educated on the subject so i have a few questions if you dont mind.

Firstly, by way of lithium grid scale batteries, what are some examples of the alternatives you refer to?

As for nuclear, what about extensive build times of 15+ years? And project costs such as the ones quoted here "For context, the EIA calculates overnight construction costs for new US power plants ordered in 2014. Advanced nuclear reactors are estimated to cost $5,366 for every kilowatt of capacity. That means a large 1-gigawatt reactor would cost around $5.4 billion to build, excluding financing costs. By contrast, a new wind farm costs just $1,980 per kilowatt. A new gas plant costs just $912 per kilowatt, or one-fifth as much. (This isn't a perfect comparisadjust for capacity factorson, since reactors run at capacity more often than wind farms or gas plants. But even if you , those construction costs make nuclear uncompetitive. High upfront costs can also scare off investors.)"

Renewables are only getting cheaper which no one can argue with... And Adelaides currently running 70% renewables with good stability... Australia has plenty of wind & sun & space... Battery technology is coming along... So why would we go nuclear? I dont understand currently, why we'd need nuclear when me and many other south Australians are sitting pretty with no problems utilising 70% renewables? Especially when we have gas backup?
    If states all adopt a majority/all renewables supported by battery storage and gas backup, why do we need to spend hundreds of billions on nuclear and wait decades for its arrival? I dont understand.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $62.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 14.5¢ 14.5¢ $60 417

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 299583 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 897456 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.08am 14/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.