UMC 0.00% $1.30 united minerals corporation nl

vns to change its name, page-16

1. 300 Posts.
    Well now bungy and others - I have watched your comments with interest and no doubt have missed many as I am travelling. So just a few thoughts:
    1. I am not a director of UMC or VNS so have no say whatsoever in what either company does.
    2. Like many of you I would have much preferred to have seen BHP, or anyone else for that matter, bid $2.00 for UMC - but then the BHPs of the is world are not philanthropists.
    3. No doubt at the AGM the directors will explain why they have recommended what to many look like a low price for UMC. A major factor which has not been mentioned at all will not doubt include the rocketing A$ vs the US$. Anyone involved in mining will know that the huge change has undermined many projects - and quite possibly moved many IO juniors into no-no land. The whole sector may well now be seriously over priced as a result of this. I will be unable to attend although I would very much like to as I will be overseas.
    4. My postings - please go ahead and read them - you will note that I showed the technical position at $2.40 and noted that the charts said SELL - and later that the charts said BUY at 40c and 60c. Those who ignored this, including myself, paid the price!
    5. Where to now? Rio is not going to counter as they already are planning to split the Pilbara up with BHP. FMG have too much on their plate to be in a position to do anything I think. The Chinese would not be allowed to bid by FIRB - so it is BHP or nothing by the look of things. A pity but that is the world out there

On Venus - I suggest some of you have a good look at their exploration director who comes with outstanding credentials. The shares are high risk and probably quite unsuitable for those who cannot stand in the kitchen when it gets hot - quite a few of you on this thread!. The company already owns interesting iron or potential and has been acquiring excellent high risk tenements.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.