SKT 1.98% $2.58 sky network television limited.

Vocus looking to the Sky...

1. 604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123
    Vocus NZ set to be the provider of 'earth stations' for Elon's Starlink service (currently in beta testing with some South Islanders).

https://www.reseller.co.nz/article/687511/vocus-frame-build-whangarei-satellite-station-elon-musk-starlink/

To me the 'VocusNZ-Sky' synergies are just becoming more 'obvious' by the day.

Sky's current satellite dishes are limited in that they can only receive data (they cannot transmit). But I wonder, can these satellite dishes be enhanced/upgraded so that they can both send and receive signals?

There would easily be over 1 million satellite dishes on roofs across NZ (many no longer used as Sky subs have been ditched, or when people move into a new house that has a dish but do not get a Sky subscription).

If the satellite dishes can be upgraded, then wouldn't a Sky-Vocus combo be in the front seat for being able to offer both fibre broadband AND Starlink broadband? Would save consumers the $799 cost for "Dishy" (plus $114 postage) and additional costs of a technician setting it up. Sky already have technicians that could pick up this kind of work, and if the existing satellites can be upgraded then the work should be even more straightforward.

Whether achieved through a merger or continued business partnership, Vocus and Sky are a match made in Heaven?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.58
Change
0.050(1.98%)
Mkt cap ! $355.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.55 $2.58 $2.55 $122.5K 47.77K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 359 $2.53

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.60 30000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.