I'm not sure how Peter Dutton could possibly be seen - after the...

1. 2,435 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 330
    I'm not sure how Peter Dutton could possibly be seen - after the fact - to have misled and deceived Australians. How is this possible? He was up front about everything he said as far as I could tell. Sure you can completely disagree with him, but how could he ever be suddenly seen to have misled everybody down the track somewhere?

Additionally, I don't think Peter Dutton had anywhere near as much to do with the result as the Yes activists - and only the Yes activists - claim. Complaining that he could have just got on board with it (though I'm not attributing this to you) is as ridiculous as asking him not to field a party at the next election and just get on the majority train with Labor. Labor had no real intentions of searching for bipartisanship in this regard, then sulked when they didn't get it.

Moreover, I don't think that the No result shafts First Australians. If you honestly think that, then ask yourself what you would say to a group of 400,000+ Indigenous Australians who all voted No yesterday. How can they be accused of deliberately shafting themselves, without you calling them names like 'stupid' and 'easily led and confused'?

I live in a very peaceful community with an extremely high indigenous population, and the Yes vote got smashed here as well. There are just other things that motivated No voters more than what Peter Dutton thought.

Is there a split yet of No voters by 2PP? Ask the Labor voters that voted No why they listened to the Opposition leader, if you think they did.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.