Talk about aparthied?In my community any aboriginal or in fact...

1. 12,302 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 694
    Talk about aparthied?
    In my community any aboriginal or in fact any person of any race can come and go as they please as long as they abide by the law.
    In the real sole aboriginal communities no one can enter without applying for and receiving a permit. Depending on who you are, you might or might not receive that permit. Seems a bit lop sided when the world is screaming for racial integration.

In my lifetime many many people used to go camping on the beaches at Tamala and Carrarang stations in the Gascoyne region of WA but alas, not anymore. This situation has arisen since the Malgana People from this area received native title over this region on 4th December 2018.
    Campers paid a small fee to the station owners/lessees of both Tamala and Carrarang to gain access through the station tracks and access the various beaches. Well, the beaches are unallocated crown land and the Malgana people have native title over the unallocated crown land in this region.
    The only way for camping to proceed is for the station owners to negotiate a indigenous land use agreement with the Malgana people who have made demands that are not realistic or sustainable. It's now heading towards the end of 2023 with no progress. Just another example of aboriginals excluding everyday other Australians from using crown land for recreational purposes. They certainly don't endear themselves to the everyday Australian person.
    Time for aboriginals to wake up if they want unilateral support.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.