Please join me and many others to sign the online petition to...

1. 11,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1698
    Please join me and many others to sign the online petition to help Maintain the Memory of our Meritorious 'Many'
    voiceofaveteran.org

Voice of a Veteran Community Updates
    The last two weeks have certainly been a unique time in our veteran community. As the Inquiry into war crimes in Afghanistan has flooded our headlines, the impact on veterans has become blatantly undeniable.During this time we have also commemorated Remembrance Day, honouring the service and sacrifice of those that have gone before us.I personally have been heavily involved in ensuring accuracy within the media, driven by the same purpose that inspired me during my time in the ADF—service to my soldiers and nation at a time where moral courage is needed.While the sensationalised attention and many of the issues are uncomfortable, what they have provided are opportunities to educate the wider public on key issues, and a deeper understanding of, contemporary veterans. I will continue to do what I can to raise awareness and I extend my heart-felt thanks to all of you who also do the same.Now is the time to take control of the veteran narrative.Each and every one of you carry the Voice of a Veteran, and when spoken with an authentic purpose, carry your own authority. If there is anything that I have learnt over this last month, it is that we have the ability to do whatever is needed when we act with an authentic purpose empowered by responsibility not entitlement.I have been so blessed and overwhelmed these last few weeks by your support. I can't reinforce enough just how therapeutic it has been to hear from other veterans who understand the Voice of a Veteran mission and why this is so important. With the increased attention (some of which is negative), and the potentially confronting issues associated with it, please ensure you are taking time regularly to touch base with one of your veteran mates and just see how they are doing. It might just make all the difference.
    Last edited by rocket973: 24/11/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.