WOW, you have cracked it jopo! Quick go round up all the...

1. 1,197 Posts.
    WOW, you have cracked it jopo! Quick go round up all the scientists and tell them the good news!

Headline reads: Amateur Detective Topples Decades of Scientific Research and Consensus Using Google

I'm afraid your logic is fallacious in nature. For starters on your other thread you are directing people to links with searchbars that will only ever find results relevant to your argument, thats called confirmation bias, google alone is great at that. Also your graph "volcanic activity" is surely a joke right? Below is an almost perfect correlation between diagnosis of Autism and the consumption of organic food Sales.
    corre.png
    Now what is wrong with this graph? Is there a correlation? Well with an R value of .9971 I think its safe to say YES. However we're all knowledgeable enough to know how unlikely the possibility that organic food is causing Autism rates to increase. This is called the Correlation vs Causation logical fallacy found everywhere pseudoscience raises its ugly head. What else is wrong with this graph? Well, only that Autism may in fact not be increasing what so ever, but the rate of diagnosis is most definitely. Doctors are for one more aware of and more capable of diagnosing Autism, but also the spectrum of what is considered Autism has drastically broadened ie the slightly quiet kid is not being diagnosed with Autism.

I will let you draw the obvious correlations with your argument. I didn't even touch on the problems with the obvious cherry picking, fringe theories and lone wolf scientists.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.