XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

Oh me oh my, why did I ever come to this thread /? the voodoo...

1. 17,236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 398
    Oh me oh my, why did I ever come to this thread /? the voodoo magic here is very strong and now I cannot be free again.

I have become obsessed with cycles in my short time on this thead. It was Voltaire's constant references to Armstong that made me study his work. An Armstrong cycle (the average time between major market corrections) is 8.6years. later armstrong realized that this is 3141 days or pi x 1000 days.....interesting the correlation as we are talking finacial cycles but they are in their nature the same as geometric cycles.

So I gets to thinking a geometric circle has a circumference and a radius both measured in metres with the relationship of 2 x pi x radius. So why can't a time cycle have a radius measured in days as well as a circumference with the same mathematical relationship. What that may actually mean in reality is vague to me but hey, so is quantum physics and the reasons Armstrongs cycles work in the first place.

Soooo the radius of an armstrong cycle is 500 days. going back in time to the march 2007 correction the low came in intra day on the 14th march 2007. It is 484 days since then and it is the 10th of july today. whyme2 yesterday posted a chart and has the low for this down leg in on (from what I can see) the 26th of july before we have a rally of any substance. yes that's right exactly 500 days since the march 07 low. Jaolsa has been saying for some time that her system tells her the low should be the 22nd or 23rd (I think) which is also very close. If we have a bottom followed by a meaningful rally on that date then I am going to have a brain explosion.

I don't know if i have just discovered something all the gurus here already know and understand but i do know that if this was 500 years ago we would all be burnt at the stake. Now let us never speak of these things again !!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.