MMS 0.59% $15.30 mcmillan shakespeare limited

volume today...., page-9

1. 352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Treasury have been proposing this change for many years. Apparently Peter Costello looked at it in 11 of his 12 budgets and each time decided against its implementation as he thought it was too disruptive with far reaching impacts on many aspects of business, so I do not necessarily agree with you that Abbott will go back on his work to throw out the proposed legilsation. Further, Ken Henry also looked at the FTB on motor vehciles and suggested rounding it to 20% rather than 25%. 3000 jobs are to go by the end of July and a further 20000 are threatened if the legislation suceeds. Not to mention far reaching impacts on the car industry, leasing companies and many associated industries. Apparently only 5% (according to the news rags are luxury car drivers, 50% are government. Rudds idea of paying $3000 to govt employee's vehicles in unjust and unfair the the rest of the community. The sheer loss of GST on new sales 1.3bln almost negates the purpose of this legislation. My fear is that Rudd will not think logically

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.