ACR 3.33% 5.8¢ acrux limited

Thanks Hardoak.I found an article posted on the 7th...

1. 158 Posts.
    Thanks Hardoak.

I found an article posted on the 7th April..

http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/money/investment/health-scan/2010/04/07/1270374214693.html

"This sector has absolutely been shaken out over the last 12 months," says David Blake, co-editor of the Bioshares weekly biotechnology stock report. "But the companies that have been well structured and are well funded are prospering. They are like a properly designed house, able to withstand a cyclone in north Queensland."

He says a key factor for smaller biotechnology companies is the appointment of experienced executives who know how long a particular project will take and its cost. "Get that wrong and everything falls apart," he says.

He is particularly positive on Acrux, which in March announced a deal, potentially worth up to $600 million, to license its testosterone treatment Axiron to the US pharmaceuticals giant Eli Lilly. It is believed to be the largest licensing agreement ever concluded by a local biotechnology company.

"I expect Acrux to return substantial sums of money to investors," Blake says.

Shaw Stockbroking's Smith also likes Acrux, noting: "I tend to focus on companies that are well cashed-up, with good management and late-stage products that are either on the market or about to get approval."

Smith and Blake both also recommend Pharmaxis, which is developing an impressive stream of new therapies for respiratory diseases.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.8¢
Change
-0.002(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $16.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.0¢ 6.0¢ 5.8¢ $29.65K 501.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 17784 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.3¢ 33867 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.38pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ACR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.