BOL 3.45% 15.0¢ boom logistics limited

G'day J.L and all, hope you guys are good. Anyhow Bol seems to...

1. 446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    G'day J.L and all, hope you guys are good. Anyhow Bol seems to be holding up ok, given the short term volatility in world markets at present.I think investors found the news to be encouraging signs for the company i.e. the bit where it mentions "furthur contract announcements in the coming weeks" and also the bit where it says "April improving and the continuation of improvements through May and June".You mention good call but i'm not the best in predicting short term movements and sort of take a longer term approach.

I suspect one can see the signs when there's distress selling and panic taking place.But if i feel certain announcements can effect the companies position in the market place and future profits then i re-assess the situation and my position before buying and selling the shares.

Now not to beat around the bush here and the below is just "My View On Bol" so ignore my post if you see things differently.But for me personally i look at the market valuing the shares at approx 10-12 times profit multiplied by 5 year growth in intrinsic value if any currently for bol.But as mentioned in my previous post that the full year results won't be that flash and the 5 million forecasted net profit or there abouts so lets be "Generous" here, this equates to 50 million divide by 460.8 million shares = 10 cents in the short term value for bol but with n.t.a at circa 47-51cents currently,net debt reduced significantly and combining short term forecast with n.t.a. as mentioned then anything below approx 30-35 cents short term seems a reasonable buy.But my view again is longer term and monitoring the contract wins which will add value and improve the business performance over the longer haul.So this is the key alongside a range of other factors that most are aware of today.

All in all i guess buying at these levels knowing the directors paid much more for the shares together with a takeover bid of circa 60 cents a while back and a net asset backing of around 47-51cents currently; then this might be a good play.

Just for the short term holders be careful if your view is on a day to day basis because the all ords is still heading south and eyeing 4000 or lower. This can't be ruled out yet and i've also noticed that on "some" occasions bol seems to follow the market which indicates to me that there are a few short term holders in the stock(nothing wrong with this)and just want a quick buck and move onto the next stock.I suppose that's why the market is always full of surprises and not boring lol.

For longer term holders i guess this is just noise so best to switch off the market and concentrate on company announcements i.e. contract wins,half/full year results e.t.c. and articles from afr and other trustworthy sources and not doom and gloom commentary without supporting evidence as the majority of headlines is just wasting your time and selling you candy.So best to read between the lines and not be fooled.

Nonetheless Bol is a small portion of my portfolio and i'm not prepared to risk the house on this one or any of my minor holdings but along with other minor reit holdings and moc, the majority/bulk are in companies like cou,cba and wow longer term as they are 10 years + investments with nice dividend yields over the years.I guess you can call them nice boring stocks which is why i'm very conservative with my longer term strategy.

cheers and good luck to holders...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.005(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $63.45M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.0¢ $171.5K 1.152M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 1195303 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 208703 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.