TVN 9.52% 5.7¢ tivan limited

I've been following up on some your links analyst99.You...

1. 449 Posts.
    I've been following up on some your links analyst99.

You obviously have more knowledge about the coal industry than I do so correct me if I'm wrong but I do note that the $60/t coking coal that you speak of is for semi-soft coking coal - not a whole lot better than thermal coal. In fact, it seems to come out of the same mine at Ovoot Tolgoi - the bit better stuff is sold as semi-soft coking coal and the lesser quality stuff is sold as thermal coal. It is misleading to compare it to high-quality seabourne coking coal at $250-$300/t.

The same graph that you speak of indicates that they get $35/t for their "higher ash/sulphur" coal. This coal (17% ash and 1.7% sulphur) is lower quality than TVN's coal (10% ash and 0.9% sulphur) and still get's $35/t.

Your own link blows your $20/t price out of the water!

I have found a few articles suggesting that around the $45/t mark is about right. For example this article seems to report a price of 285 yuan($45USD) per ton for 4,500 Kcal/kg thermal coal in the Inner Mongolia region.

This Word document here (right-click and save-as) is a broker report I found when Googling and is worth a read.

At the $45/t price they can still be making $10 - $20 per tonne.

What's the resource up to now? 100mt? 200mt?

Anyway, you do the sums - we could still be looking at $billion profits.

It does appear that TVN might be too optimistic with their $60/t price for their coal. I've been looking back through the threads but can't see that anyone has actually asked them to justify this price. I might send them an email.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.7¢
Change
-0.006(9.52%)
Mkt cap ! $98.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.9¢ 6.0¢ 5.7¢ $261.9K 4.485M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 299134 5.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.8¢ 250321 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.