POS 16.7% 0.4¢ poseidon nickel limited

Volume, page-2053

1. 5,086 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2266
    B, The notion that "...concentrators that had so much money spent on them under C&M..." is fundamentally incorrect. It's an incorrect perception that, in large part, seems to be driven by the crusade-like dissemination of misinformation by a certain member.

The BS concentrator (i.e. topside processing plant infrastructure) hasn't had that much spent on it over the years. Yes, there has been some money spent (eg: some walkways replaced and other various maintenance items), but nothing like the amount required to bring it back online and fully operational. The underground decline and associated components are very expensive to keep dry and in a near-ready state (e.g.ongoing dewatering, etc...). The u/g network of ladder escape infrastructure did require a material amount of work to bring it back to spec which took time and money. That's not to say there will be zero budget for maintenance of the topside infrastructure.

And don't forget there's the LJ project's topside complex to maintain as well. Underground ops there were allowed to flood back in 2017 in order to conserve cash. (The dewatering requirements there were much greater than the SS decline and that project wasn't seen as the restart priority.)

It might be worthwhile to remind members that C&M can take many shades and doesn't necessarily mean maintaining something to an operationally-ready state. It's a balancing act and choices/trade-offs will be made. From what I can tell the maintenance spend was heavily skewed towards keeping the u/g assets dry. Fair enough because if you let it flood pretty much all the u/g infrastructure needs to be replaced... and the time and cost it takes to dewater and replace it. Topside infrastructure (i.e. assets that are not subject to possible submersion) are still gonna degrade over time, however. Choices and trade-offs.

As for the basically being brand new when POS acquired them: that's just plain rubbish. Elements of the processing plants for BS & LJ were newish, but certainly not the entire plants.

It's understandable how some members might come to form the perception you have about the current state of the topside processing assets. This is precisely why so many other members on these and threads for other listed companies rail against the utter nonsense that is continually spewed out by a certain member. Say enough BS loud enough and often enough and even right-minded people might eventually start to believe it.

Hope that helps.

PS. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the BS mill and plant is decrepit. It think that's way too far. The reality lies somewhere in the middle whereby money is required to bring it back to operational status. Not a complete full rebuild. A refurbishment, just as the company has disclosed via its various reporting.

Last edited by zebster: 11/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add POS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $14.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $2.386K 757.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
118 81051859 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 61316317 47
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.18pm 26/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
POS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.