Voluntary Assisted Dying, page-46

1. 34,278 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 99
    who knows how to draw the line.,., maybe no line required?
    Canada is now readying bills for the Mental Health patients to receive VAD... soon maybe - the poverty stricken (becos you can get mental if you're poor) ?

remember: the world is run by death cult$.
    https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/view/canada-law-provide-not-prevent-suicide
    https://www.catholicweekly.com.au/canada-now-in-euthanasia-freefall/
    ==

Canada is currently considering expanding the scheme to include mental illness after a temporary moratorium ends in March 2024.

The NSW euthanasia scheme will come into effect on 28 November, and the NT and ACT are preparing their own bills after enabling legislation was passed by Canberra in December 2022.

Right to Life Australia CEO Mary Collier says scope creep “bit by bit” will be a reality in Australia, citing calls to expand existing euthanasia schemes through telehealth.

“The other factor is that there are so many societal problems now where people are felling lonely, are feeling like a burden—all of these things are contributing,” Mrs Collier said.

“This encourages people to feel as if, ‘Well I’m a burden on the health system.’ Or, ‘I’m a burden on my family.’ Or, ‘My family really need some money now.’

“There are so many more other influences that can push for expansion.”

Right to Life Australia’s National Conference in Melbourne on 11 November will host several medical and academic professionals speaking on pro-life topics.

Associate Professor Dr Marion Harris will address the similarities between the Australian and Canadian contexts.

Dr Harris works as a medical oncologist in the public health system in Victoria, which legalised euthanasia one year after Canada.

Because Victoria was the first Australian jurisdiction to make euthanasia legal, and was “quite rigid and narrowly won” the state is “under pressure to amend its laws” from more permissive schemes proposed in other jurisdictions, like the ACT, which is seeking to allow euthanasia without life expectancy criteria.

Last edited by elee: 02/07/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.