AVL 0.00% 1.5¢ australian vanadium limited

Volvo/Geely/Belenos

1. 1,332 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 251
    Swatch are in a JV with Geely for a certain belenos battery. Geely own Volvo. Volvo are committing to all sorts of promises of EVs, as are Geely themselves. Recently announced the Polestar to rival tesla. This is all well and good but where are the batteries for these vehicles to come from.

I find it staggering to believe that Volvo would be going on the front foot committing to all of these EVs by 2019 without a supply contract for batteries.

Alot of other car manufacturers have shown their had and announced they have either locked down some sort of agreement or looking to do so. The Chinese backed Volvo are not dumb and likely have something very powerful in the making.

As most know, The belenos battery is predominantly vanadium and has 30% more power and charges in half the time. It's all very hush hush and behind closed doors regarding this battery but as I said, the Chinese aren't dumb and haven't raised their hand for a lithium battery supply contract. All we know is there is this supposed battery being made in Europe and now China due to be in the cars in 2019. Quite the commitment....

If this is predominantly vanadium as we read, then couple this with VRBs, steel market demand and the regulatory controls being imposed and I'm quite happy to sit this one out and see where it takes us.

This belenos battery could really blow things out the water.

All IMO DYOR etc etc.

http://autoweek.com/article/luxury/volvo-takes-aim-tesla

https://auto.economictimes.indiatim...art-car-battery-production-next-year/60358307
    Last edited by Palchum: 22/11/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $129.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.5¢ 1.5¢ $71.89K 4.804M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200000 1.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.6¢ 9132937 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.28pm 25/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 3.45 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.5¢ 1.5¢ 1.5¢ 2019993
Last updated 14.31pm 25/04/2024 ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.