I haven't been a farmer for a long time, but in my experience...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I haven't been a farmer for a long time, but in my experience most farmers are excellent custodians of the land because their life depends on it. As with city dwellers, its the crooks and bad guys that make the news all the time. Most farmers are not about raping and pillaging the land, just the opposite. Most are very proud of their holdings. But they resent being told how to husband their land by some bureaucratic upstart who does not have a clue about it.

Lots of people forget that water is only used in irrigation because of the demand for the food and clothing that is produced. As with anything, the surest way to cut it down is to stop buying the stuff produced.

If people stop buying food and clothing, famers will pretty soon quit irrigating.

If people stop using electricity, pretty soon the coal-fired power stations will quit polluting.

Obviously the balance is in between, but don't blame farmers for using water if you eat, or Energy companies if you like a bit of comfort.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.