SYA 3.13% 3.3¢ sayona mining limited

Totally agree @SplitFusion, And as @Miroshka stated-'the new...

1. 1,832 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9477
    Totally agree @SplitFusion,

And as @Miroshka stated-

'the new strategy is basically the same old 5 points again and again ? Absolutely nothing new.'

Yep, straight from the lithium junior 101 playbook.

What they thought would be a hail Mary touchdown, to bolster moral before the AGM, completely backfired and was a fizzer.

And once digested by the market, it thought so too.

But what it did, was highlight the lack of forethought, vision and strategy, that these guys have when left to their own devices.

It is so disappointing, with nothing new and actually feels like a step backward....
    It's not what I signed up for, and dare i say most of us here.

The five HOLLOW PILLARS OF THE STRATEGIC REVIEW.

1. Optimise operations – ramp up production at NAL to sustainably optimise production and maximise
    returns and cashflow generation.

Really?This has been the plan from the START!
    From the moment the Quebec government handed over the keys, it was lets get this plant up and running and to nameplate ASAP.
    We have been to NAL, and that's exactly what Sylvain and the team are trying to do.
    This is nothing new, a hollow pillar, its a given, and any other producer would be doing the exact same thing.
    Explore, develop, production, nameplate, grow efficiencies and production....a no brainer.

2. Expand resource base – expand known mineral resources through drilling programs at NAL and
    Moblan and continue value accretive exploration in Québec and Western Australia.

SPEED AND TONNES...now where have I heard that before???
    Not long after we acquired NAL, BL and Guy nabbed Moblan. The board thought they were mad.
    Big expenditure...I can see hear them now-
    'We just got NAL, what the hell are you doing???
    BL stated at the 2022 AGM he was looking for the next Greenbushes.
    Now getting to that type of size and grade remains to be seen, but it sure is looking good at the moment and will no doubt be one of the best single lithium ore bodies in North America, and tier 1 world wide.
    But it didn't stop there and Sylvain saw potential to expand the relatively unexplored/ under drilled NAL. Why develop Authier when you can gain the land around our property, expand the pit and have further land for facilities, overburden storage, additional tailings etc..etc?
    We can do that now with good prospective land along strike.
    And as for WA, as most newbs ask...'what ....we have land in the Pilbara, WA?
    So much potential, but basically nothing on that front...gee I wonder who controls the exploration there? Oh right,that's right, yeah I get it, now I understand...
    Another hollow pillar, that just regurgitates the existing plan.

3. Develop assets – Deliver portfolio potential through the development of upstream assets and pursue
    value accretive growth options.

Nothing to see here...move along CML, Troilus...yep, yep ...another hollow pillar, straight from the playbook.

4. Integrate downstream – evaluate and secure opportunities for downstream integration into higher
    value lithium carbonate and lithium hydroxide production.

If you truely mean this, then why is the carbonate plant taking so long?
    How can it be a longer process than a greenfield site?
    You need to get serious about this, as it is a key fundamental in MASSIVELY increasing our revenue, both from refining margins and negating the PLL offtake.
    As for hydroxide, well I guess it was killed off with Amoss, probably for the next 5+ years, so your true intentions are very clear to me.
    It almost seems this pillar rhetoric is a ...'Just tell em what they want to hearJB' type of scenario.
    So another hollow pillar, particularly highlighting the current risk aversion and reluctance to aggressively pursue downstream chemicals, and keep us ahead of the pack.
    First mover advantage???
    Gone....
    And as we know, vertical integration is the future, AND IS A MUST FOR US TO SURVIVE.

5. Explore strategic partnerships – to lock in demand, access-end markets, establish a vertically integrated supply chain, and fund the accelerated development of the Company with strict cash flow management.

Well, we thought that was happening...but now?
    Around the time of the EGM, the rhetoric was exactly that.
    An offtake with an OEM and strategic partner, widely speculated to be GM and Posco, in a mega multi year deal.
    Ready to sign.....It would have achieved EXACTLY what this pillar is stating--
    LOCK IN DEMAND, STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP, ACCESS END MARKETS, ESTABLISH A VERTICALLY INTEGRATED SUPPLY CHAIN AND FUND THE ACCELERATED DEVELOPMENT OF THE COMPANY.
    We had it, and they killed it off...the proverbial Marlin....off the hook...
    And now it's gone....and this just looks like ANOTHER HOLLOW PILLAR.....

Overall, The broad feedback has been one of disappointment, and has highlighted to all, some of the major deficiencies of our current board.
    And after digesting it, the market has not been kind.either.

So once again we are given an insight into the strategic ability of the board, their lack of vision and inability to think 5 moves ahead.

And I say this, because I don't think they understood the fallout, attention and scrutiny, that has befallen them, after the presumed execution of Lynch.
    The questions now asked about their abilities, lack of diversity, impartiality skill-set and independence.
    For years, hidden behind the CEO, and able to hang back in the shadows, run Morella, and invest minimal time and focus, to advance Sayona.
    This has been the collateral damage that they did not see coming and did not expect.
    The reactive short sightedness, that we have come to know and understand from them

So for me, these 5 HOLOW pillars, are one and the same...again.

A misguided, narrow minded, regurgitated version of the strategy, originally set up by Brett, Guy and Sylvain.

Dressed up and re-labelled as the five pillar strategy....God its not even imaginative...

And once again, they have not thought this through.

The spotlight has been drawn to their abilities as strategists, visionaries and directors with competent abilities, 'the right stuff' to take this company to the next level.
    And the masses have found them wanting.

Investors large and small, fund managers, and the market at large.

They have not factored in the valid criticism that it has generated, due to trying to dress up and re-sell a plan that has been there all along.
    A plan that has to some extent, now been dismantled and derailed.
    One that Brown had to go on the road for, divert his exploration at Fish Lake for Morella, and head up to Quebec, to understand the state of play....

Even after doing all that, being a director with Sayona for 10 years, travelling here, travelling there....offices in Brisbane, offices in Montreal.....being debriefed by Sylvain at NAL for a couple of days....speaking to the remaining brains trust in Buckler, Crawford and Lucas........and even after doing all that after months and months of analysis and strategic planning...

THIS IS ALL HE COULD COME UP WITH...

God help us!

Vote NO!!!

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5754/5754194-ba525e080f1956cbed6e96269daee145.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.001(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $339.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.4¢ 3.2¢ $1.115M 34.04M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
131 21151240 3.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 1618716 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.3¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.31 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.3¢ 3.4¢ 3.2¢ 21020600
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.