SYA 3.13% 3.3¢ sayona mining limited

So guys, under a week to go to the AGM.Please mate sure you vote...

1. 1,832 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9477
    So guys, under a week to go to the AGM.

Please mate sure you vote before the 28th.

We seem to have a few attending.

From what I could see @Vertigo70, @block1965 @Charter1 are headed to the AGM

I have probably missed a few.....Anyone else definitely going?

Similar to last year, I will collate a list of questions for those not attending.

From my perspective, they will centre around-
    1. COMMUNICATION- Lack of effective communication by the company and the board. This will include Brown's complete lack of engagement with the investor base. inconsistency in announcements seen recently with the lack of product shipment information, 1MC announcements which affect Sayona materially, ramp info at NAL, new Pontiac claims etc...etc...This will also extend to resolution 5, which attempts to institute VR ONLY meetings in the constitution, and lock out direct communication with the board, even though the explanatory notes state it has been removed.
    2. REMUNERATION- Excessive increases in remuneration, while the share price degrades to 52 week lows. Increases in remuneration must be tied to performance and not be a given. This extends to their performance bonuses, as we have seen recently, set soft targets with ramp up, to ensure that their bonus is achieved. Since when were we ramping to 180kt? It seems a soft target after the 226kt target over the last year.
    3. INDEPENDANCE- The very obvious lack independance and diversity on the board, even though the 2022 governance statement addressed this issue and indicated there would be new independant directors before the 2023 AGM. Phillip Lucas is not considered independant, with the previous close relationships with Brown and Buckler. This extends to the lack of female members on the board, and different board members from different backgrounds in the industry and also includes Brown and Buckler tight, almost cronyistic association.
    4. LACK OF SKILLSET- We require a board with a greater range of skills and business acumen. Strategists, who can think 5 moves ahead, protect Sayona from aggressors and progress our interests for a successful future. Particularly, the ability to negotiate offtakes with OEM's, chemical producers and a strong track record of success. This extends to the offtake we had, as indicated by the board, which never eventuated.
    5. LACK OF STRATEGY- The strategic review seemed to rehash the existing strategy, set in place by Brett, Guy and Sylvain and what most of us signed up for. It has actually seemed to take a step back, particularly in terms of timelines and chemical production. It lacked vision and a strategy which will propel Sayona to be one of the one of the leading lithium producers in North America, as constantly touted by the company. This extends to the indicated downgrade in production to 180kt for 2024, a figure the previous operator was aiming for in 2014!

Of course there is always more questions than answers, but these issues seem to be the recurring ones from the investor base.

At the 2022 AGM, I had so many questions I was bursting at the seems.
    However, due to the limited time at the meeting, I could only get a handful out.
    Additionally, the floor is shared with other investors who may have a different focus in what they would like to know.
    If it taught me one thing, it was to be sharp and concise, and ask the big questions first, the ones that everybody wants to hear the answers to.

So guys, send your questions through.
    I have a general outline of what I will be aiming for, but all questions are welcome and its very interesting hearing the myriad of differing perspectives, from all the characters on our forum.

The AGM is also one of the only clear opportunities during the year, you get to have your say, and particularly CONVEY YOUR SENTIMENT.

There is a lot of negative sentiment out there, as witnessed on these forums, so if you can attend, I encourage you to come and have your say and convey your sentiment...good or bad...as It may be the only chance you get for another year.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.001(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $334.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.4¢ 3.2¢ $1.115M 34.04M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
131 21151240 3.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 1618716 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.3¢
  Change
0.001 ( 0.31 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.3¢ 3.4¢ 3.2¢ 21020600
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.