LYC 0.57% $7.06 lynas rare earths limited

vote no to resolution 3, page-23

1. 997 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22

" ..institutional traders who have access to far more accurate & timely information then retail shareholders are placed at a distinct disadvantage."

NC has thrown in his lot with the former, unsurprisingly.

Saw a recent article on the standing of retail investors

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/11/05/new-york-stock-exchanges-new-owner-small-time-investors-are-getting-ripped-off/

A snippet

"Jeff Sprecher, CEO of IntercontinentalExchange or ICE, was discussing his company’s third-quarter earnings results with analysts on Tuesday when he veered on a tangent about how the markets are unfair to small investors. ICE is preparing to buy the parent company of the NYSE, the country’s best-known and iconic stock exchange.

By small investors, Sprecher meant the people who shuffle their holdings around occasionally as they save for retirement or their kids’ college tuition. (“People like you and I,” he called them, though he did make more than $7 million last year.) They don’t have access to the information that professional (or computerized) traders do, the ones trading reams of stocks at speeds that no human can match. Market models are also designed to take advantage of the fact that small investors are locked into selling at certain times, such as when they want to cash in to start a business or buy a house.

Small investors are turning to exchanges “hoping that they will have a duty to care,” Sprecher said. “But in reality those people are incented to take advantage of the people that are the weakest on the day they have to the trade, and I think that that is fundamentally wrong.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.06
Change
0.040(0.57%)
Mkt cap ! $6.594B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.00 $7.08 $6.92 $8.757M 1.251M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
50 13422 $7.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.06 14417 34
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.56pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.