Vote NO to SSM if you love your family and children, page-933

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    Exactly right . I've had occasion to correspond with some early teens recently on a project that I'm involved in and the level of comprehension and just plain ignorance as far as grammar and spelling goes really disturbed me . These were otherwise normal kids from good schools who seemed intelligent enough bar their ability to get it across in writing. Nor express it unless it was two or three words.

I don't know if that's across the board but obviously teaching no longer focus on matters that we dinosaurs had drummed into us.

I'm not here to say that this is a good or a bad thing , no one reads books much any more do they , but you can sort of see the childhood and pre pubescence being ripped away these days so that instead of being taught non conflicting basic skills they get ear bashed on how they're all individual and wonderful ,whether they can actually do anything or not.

I'm not an educator obviously , but there's no real question that traditional standards have dropped I would think ,what that's being replaced with I'm yet to see the rationale for

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.