FRI 1.54% 96.0¢ finbar group limited

Pioupiou - apologies for the delay in my response. Apart from...

1. 4,708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    Pioupiou - apologies for the delay in my response. Apart from getting engaged end of November it was the usual Christmas rush and have been busy DIY'ing my house having been built and handed over also in November. PRetty much no December break - and back to work now!

Am I calculating something wrong? But the dividends of (excluding franking credits) $25,500 over $207,934.64 cost base for 150,000 shares is circa 12.27% effective return over 2 years??

It does seem strangely high as 10 cents per share is the highest I can recall the total dividend has been over prior years, and your cost base being over $1 would ensure you receive no more than 10% yield to begin with? The only other way would to have an average cost base well below $1 if you bought in well before GFC when the company was on the way up?

You then mentioned increasing holdings to 193,000 - so I assume the cost base from $207,934.64 then increases further by 43,000 shares x whatever price you got, which I assume would be just below $0.90. SO say circa $38,700 (using $0.90 as an average).

Either way, I can't reconcile back. For two years though that is a decent yield. Gives you a nice yearly income at least. THe franking credit advantage of pension stage is immense though - when you look at it. Unfortunately I'm not counting on that being available in 40 years time when it comes my turn!

Interesting background you have. It seems given your IT career was accounting application based you have a good understanding of the systems and processes - I just found your analysis and comments more analytical and financial/accounting in nature than what I assumed one would pickup from university based learning. Either that or what we learn these days is a lot less hands on and practical than during your time!

I am dying to pickup more Finbar in the mid 80s but had no money given my engagement, new house build etc. Very disappointing. It seems I can finally, safely call the downtrend broken, and not just a fake bounce up on the graph, as we are clearly breaking higher.

I was tempted to sell what little I did have left to release some money (as I am struggling with the house and post engagement) - so it is more a temporary cashflow issue.... but seeing this week's trading I believe there is a shift in buying. It is slowly bidding up and some small but decent parcels going through. Therefore I am holding on. Either way I would sell and buy back in when cashflow improves as I still think in the long term, below $1 this will eventually make money in the longer run once the typical economic cycle comes back around.

I am wondering if it is a shift in the tide in sentiment for the forward looking profile of Finbar, or as I suspect more linked to the recent change in FHOG to $15,000?
    I assume this is applicable to contracts entered for apartments during this period - and therefore the uptick in share price from investors banking on increased pre-sales and the like across the board on first homebuyers buying apartments?
    Last edited by SaberX: 05/01/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FRI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
96.0¢
Change
-0.015(1.54%)
Mkt cap ! $261.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
97.5¢ 97.5¢ 95.5¢ $343.0K 354.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 360 95.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
96.0¢ 29392 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FRI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.