APG 0.00% 0.2¢ austpac resources nl

Voting at the AGM

1. 157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95
    Some recent posts have expressed some interest in actually voting at the 2014 APG AGM.
       I know the AGM is about 2 months away – but to make sure, that we as shareholders make an informed voting decision, some discussion of the issues in this forum may help.

Business at the 2014 APG AGM
    Shareholders will be asked to vote on at least 2 issues
    1. Adoption of the Reports and Accounts
    2. Election of Directors - This year, by rotation, Mike Turbot is up for re-election to the APG board.

Voting by Proxy
    I intend to vote AGAINST both issues at the 2014 AGM.
    I am looking for a more open, transparent and accountable APG board – and voting AGAINST is one way I can show my displeasure at the board’s poor performance.

In previous years, I have voted my shares by ticking the FOR box (until 2 years ago, I consistantly voted FOR) or the AGAINST box, on the Proxy form.
    I then sent my Proxy form back to the Company Secretary (Nick Gaston) for him to tally the votes, then let the chairman (Terry Cuthbertson) be my Proxy at the AGM.

Now, I wonder if a different approach with my PROXY in 2014, may be more liable to achieve the result I would prefer.
       I can vaguely recall a post on HC around the time of the 2013 AGM where a respected HC poster talked about contacting large APG shareholders and obtaining their Proxies – and then using this larger block of votes to effect a change in board behaviour.
       I wonder if by giving my PROXY to someone with expertise and eloquence, and who shares a desire to see an open, transparent and accountable APG board – then my votes might actually make a difference.

My votes, in the company of other votes – to form a block of like minded votes, would be more likely to focus the attention of the board, than if I had voted as individual shareholder with the Chairman as Proxy.

Anybody interested in sending the APG board a message the cant ignore this year ???

Wilcox

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.