MYL 0.00% 70.0¢ mallee resources limited

You missed the main objective: voting no is to get a better deal...

1. 1,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 404
    You missed the main objective: voting no is to get a better deal from Hartree, one that doesn't give them control for nothing.

Hartree are saying 'that's the deal, take it or else'. But it looks like Hartree has more to lose in VA, whereas we're in much the same situation either way, unable to trade out whether MYL is under the control of administrators or under Hartree. At least in VA, administrators must run the company to get the best possible outcome for all shareholders, and if it's at nameplate and doing as well as the Chairman's letter says frankly I think they'd do a better job in continuing to run the mine with a view to relisting to raise the required capital, than the current board who are obviously now controlled by Hartree.

The big lie in the Chairman's letter is that Hartree's interests are aligned with ours, supposedly because they're also shareholders. The fact is, the Independent Expert called the deal unfair. Hartree didn't have to be so greedy at our expense, they're not aligned with us.

Section 2.18 of the IER says Hartree barred MYL from seeking alternative sources of funding until after the vote on 27 July. Hartree debt falls due on 31 July, there is practically no time to secure alternative funding between 27-31 July. Hartree also barred MYL from advancing the IPO to relist (2.18), which would've been an alternative source of funding, one that most other shareholders would've loved to see. Why has Hartree done this? Plain as day, they want control and they're not willing to pay us for it.

In explaining the 'reasonable' label, Section 10.14 of the IER explains the deal is being called reasonable in the absence of a superior offer, but Hartree has ensured there can't be another offer!

Make no mistake, they're actions are coercive, they are not aligned with our interests. It's quite unreasonable to expect shareholders to vote for this deal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.