NXS 5.17% 27.5¢ next science limited

voting, page-8

1. 67 Posts.
    Hi Plbert,

I'm sure NBT will reply to your post directly. I'm guessing they're having a day off today after working flat out all week contacting media etc.

I am a registered NBT member like yourself, but not part of the inner group. I've been in contact with the NBT since the Independent Expert Report was published last week. I was so outraged by it that I, for the first time in my investing life, have become an 'activist' and am spending a lot of time analysing their report. I'm trying to use my analysis skills to get myself, and hence all shareholders, a better deal ... and to understand how and who got us to this 2 cent offer.

The NBT are more than one shareholder. Like everyone on this forum they are trying to get a better deal for shareholders. As a public forum, they wouldn't be able to discuss strategy. What we do know is that since they formed, they have been able to get publicity in the major newspapers and been successful in obtaining the support of Andrew Grieg, who owns about 11% of NXS shares. Did you read the letter that Andrew wrote to DV that was put on their website? This was a terrific outcome and has suddenly given a high profile to NBT's cause.

I don't believe NBT will be trying to vote on our behalf with proxys, however they do need to know what % of shareholders that support voting No. This will be fluid, and IF alternate bids are made or offers increased, individual shareholders will likely want to change their voting intention. I won't be lodging my vote until I see how things unfold, and I think SGH and NXS know how angry shareholders are without seeing any early No votes, so IMHO I don't see any need to vote early.

With the SGH bid having such a tight "bearhug" on Nexus, a lot of strategising would be going on, so I think we need to be patient. I have a feeling that next week will be an interesting one, so let's see what unfolds. I'm sure that they'll update us with any info as soon as they're able.

Keep the faith.

FlyingDr.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.5¢
Change
-0.015(5.17%)
Mkt cap ! $80.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 28.5¢ 26.0¢ $30.57K 112.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19549 25.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.5¢ 9999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NXS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.