TVN 3.57% 5.4¢ tivan limited

Two weeks ago I completed two courses in order to get my head...

1. 4,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3080
    Two weeks ago I completed two courses in order to get my head around where the future of electricity is going to be.

One was large scale/utility scale solar PV design & installation, the other was 4 days training on battery systems - On grid, hybrid, Stand Alone (off-grid).

I got a lot from both courses, but the battery course, Energy Storage Systems was by far the one I got the most out of not only for new information and the large number of products hitting the market, but also for having a number of personal misconceptions corrected.

My biggest misconceptions
    - That lead acid batteries were a better technology for capacity ie. depth of discharge
    - Lithium battery technology cycle life is limited to a few years

Lithium battery technology has improved to the point that 10 years is not unusual.
    Where in fact lead acid batteries degrade the deeper you cycle them
    The calculation for how much battery storage you require takes multiple factors into account, including the cycle depth.
    For both of these technologies an important point to remember is that these batteries are to be considered perishables. You'll get a certain life out of them, the harder you push them, the quicker they'll wear out and need to be replaced.

So some of the most important take aways where VRFBs are concerned are
    a) storage capacity or 'days of autonomy' can be increased by upsizing the storage tanks and increasing the electrolyte
    b) depth of discharge for VRFB's is much better - 100% DOD for Li-Ion or Lead Acid/Gel batteries will accelerate their degradation but won't affect VRFB's
    c) Perishable life cycle of VRFB's is much greater - 20 years and DOD it appears does not have as great an affect on this. And may only require replacement of the electrolyte.

At a Grid scale, the advantage Lithium or Lead Acid/Gel batteries currently have is price per kWh, installed base & familiarity with the Technology. TIVAN has the potential to change the cost of the raw ingredient, V205, and when it does, I can see the demand for VRFBs due to improved cost & the life cycle/DOD will, at least for a few years, outstrip the supply chain, V205 inclusive - that is until TNG/SMS build/licence enough plants to catch up.

One more thing - where VRFBs are concerned this ->
    POWER storage to keep the lights on will be a critical part of Friday’s crucial Finkel report, which was sparked by South Australia’s statewide blackout.
    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...d/news-story/f5946a9bda3aaefbef4b44943c1d6b06

JMHO. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
-0.002(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $93.03M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 5.9¢ 5.2¢ $153.0K 2.757M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 30796 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.8¢ 64902 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.