VRC 20.0% 0.4¢ volt resources limited

VRC/BKT, page-25

1. 5,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3663
    Bruce,

I am  too sure how long you have been investing in the share market but may I suggest to you that 70% of the stocks currently trading on the ASX carry risk.  VRC are amongst that 70%. Very few stocks have guaranteed earnings unless you are talking Blue chip. 
    You want no risk than buy a blue chip company and hope to god that they make the right decisions. Even the bluest of blue chip companies make some terrible investment decisions .  NAB and CBA years ago were both trading at 28 dollars. Have a look at their share prices today.  NAB got badly burnt with overseas investments and suffered accordingly .
    Telstra have made some bad decisions and their share price continues to suffer. AMP floated at $20 per share. As an AMP policy holder I was given free shares and luckily I sold them. Look at their share price today. AMP happens to be have one of the biggest share port folios in this country and yet they are worth one tenth of where they were trading when they first listed in 1998.
    The role of the broker is to identify what his clients risk profile is and suggest stocks that fit that profile. If they want a secure investment with little or no risk you try and select a blue chip stock and hope that management don't stuff up.  I have given you a few examples where things didn't go according to plan.
    There are plenty of brokers recommending risky stocks to clients who clearly understand the risk versus reward concept. Some brokers will even get their clients to sign NO ADVICE GIVEN to protect themselves from being sued.  
    You are talking absolute rubbish when you suggest no broker would be recommending VRC at this point in time . He would be telling his clients the upside and the downside of this particular company and IF the client fitted the profile of wanting to get involved he would buy stock on behalf of his client.
    Have a look at the volumes of speccy type stocks and tell me brokers are not buying for clients . That is how a broker makes his money . Buying and selling and making profits for clients is how he survives.
    Clients who are buying blue chip stocks recommended by their broker do not want to sell a few days later . They are usually buying for a dividend and want to see growth over a period of time. They usually hold for many years. Brokers do not make money with clients who buy and hold.
    Someone suggested to you that perhaps you concentrate on buying stocks that fits your risk profile I would suggest that was very sound advice.

You are out of your depth Bruce, when you try telling a broker who was broking for 25 years on how a broker operates. My clients made huge amounts of money when we were buying Oxiana shares  { Now OZ Minerals } below 10c. It went to 4 dollars before the GFC hit . That stock was in a similar situation to where VRC are right now .  It was raising money to build a plant to produce copper and Owen Hegarty was it's CEO. My company that I worked for were the ones who did the cap raising for Oxiana. Infact we did many raisings on it's journey to become a producer .That was just as risky as where VRC are today.  According to you no brokers would have been suggesting this stock to their clients because it was only worth a few cents and carried risk.

Give me a break.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $16.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $1.448K 299.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 19004416 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 3673634 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VRC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.