VRE 0.00% 2.0¢ view resources ltd

vre welcome to the fourties and beyond imo

1. 2,257 Posts.
    Minebox News Article Yesterday.

wrxsti comment:- Despite what's being said lately, I don't think Mincor/View will be waiting around until early 2008 to get the nickel mine up and going again. All the infrastructure is there already, and its my bet that they will be raring to go as soon as the next study confirms what they both want to hear.
    Nickel is red hot, the price is red hot, and the market is finally becoming aware of what lies ahead - particularly in View's case. With Jubilee announcing to the market that they wouldn't meet the pre-set production quota recently, the metal will continue to be in short supply for some considerable time yet, and that means big,big prices for those quick enough to get it out of the ground and into the cash register. And that is where Mincor has the expertise and edge on the opposition. Its all green ahead for mine and current levels will be a thing of the past in the not too distant future. Further drill results very shortly, I believe. Article as follows:

Mincor delivers 16,100t nickel resources at Carnilya Hill

Mincor mining operations

Kambalda nickel producer Mincor Resources NL has laid the foundations for a new mine development at its 70%-owned Carnilya Hill nickel discovery in Western Australia after announcing an initial resource estimate of 16,100 tonnes of contained nickel metal for the deposit.

Mincor said that feasibility studies on the Carnilya Hill Project, located some 25km northeast of Kambalda, were progressing rapidly with a development decision targeted before end-June 2007.

The initial resource estimate – which comes less than a year after the first hole was drilled by Mincor down-plunge of the old mine workings at Carnilya Hill – confirms a substantial nickel discovery with the potential to become Mincor’s fifth mine in the Kambalda district. Carnilya Hill is one of a series of advanced development and exploration opportunities that Mincor has assembled in the region.

The initial Carnilya Hill resource estimate is based on 56 separate intersections by diamond drill holes in the two mineralised surfaces. The entire Mineral Resource is classified as being at the Indicated Resource level.

The resource estimate follows a highly successful drill-out program, the final hole of which was completed recently– delivering an intersection of 2.79m at 8.61% nickel (CMD028W1).

The location of this final intersection is considered very promising, as it suggests that the ore trend plunges more steeply from that point than previously expected. This in turn suggests that the ore trend remains entirely open in the down-plunge direction.

In addition to the 16,100 tonnes of contained nickel metal in the Carnilya Hill resource, the tenements contain an additional resource of 1,800 tonnes of nickel metal at the nearby Zone 29 East ore body.

This brings the total Mineral Resource inventory at the Carnilya Hill tenements to 17,900 tonnes of nickel metal, 70% of which is attributable to Mincor (12,500 tonnes of contained nickel metal).

“We are delighted with the size and quality of the Carnilya Hill resource”, said Mincor’s Managing Director, David Moore. “In particular, the grade suggests that, after mining dilution is taken into account, a reserve grade close to 3% nickel should be achievable. Our exploration team has done a fantastic job in unraveling the complexities of this ore system, especially considering the deep directional drilling this has required.”

Mr Moore said the initial resource estimate confirmed Carnilya Hill’s status as one of the company’s most significant new development opportunities, with feasibility studies well advanced and a development decision expected before the end of June.

- 03 Apr 2007

wrxsti

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.