VRL 0.00% $3.00 village roadshow limited

VRL versus ALG - we've been locked out of the recovery

1. 384 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61
    Simple chart here commencing at the intra-day low for VRL ($0.77 on 19th March).

Shows that Ardent (ALG) s/p has grown 325.7% against VRL just a lousy 18.7% from the absolute bottom of the market.

Why? (in case it's not obvious to everyone) - we've been locked into this price range because of this insanely low takeover offer. Competitors (and nearly every other ASX listed company) has recovered significantly in that time.

ALG have a MUCH worse revenue and profit forecast than VRL, we're back to positive earnings FY22 while ALG have no idea when they'll return to profit.

I just don't buy this "our s/p might drop if the offer doesn't get voted up". Personally I think it's entirely irresponsible of our directors to say anything like this. Back it up with some kind of proof. For mine, ALG is the closest thing to VRL on the ASX - it certainly has more exposure to the US, but it's theme parks and entertainment and now a similar mCap.

When we have substantial holders vocally opposing the deal as extremely undervalued and putting their money where their mouth is to actively increasing their position - all the signs are there that VRL is stupidly cheap at this price.

A single 500,000 share order for more than $1.0m is currently being gobbled up as we speak. When was the last time you saw a genuine buy order that size? It's now down to 410,593. There has clearly been "aquisition orders" right through the course of sales for weeks. Parcels of 600; 1400; 1,500 and 3050 are at multiple price levels every day. Today is the first day I've seen a single huge order at the top of the list.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2592/2592575-6cf78b234545ca381eeb97ff4a5304fb.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.