VRX 3.23% 3.0¢ vrx silica limited

Hahahah, I thought ID let people go see the comments if they...

1. 164 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 163
    Hahahah, I thought ID let people go see the comments if they really wanted to. Lol

I'm long crusty rusted on barnacle on HMAS VRX. I go back to before the trading halt of 6.7 cents. Lol. And my average buy in leaves me still in a pretty good position even now.
    but I've learnt patience and scepticism from Bruce, and it's not all bad.

Many years ago, a poster called @bendigo introduced me to the concept of a hammer...the idea being that you smack yourself in the head go to sleep for 6 months and then log on to check and see how VRX is doing. Repeat as nauseum.

i remember the pain of evangelizing VRX to friends and family. The financial impact of raising more money to convert options knowing that off takes would be due before Christmas.

Discovering the lassonde curve. And realising that I was going to be hitting myself in the head with a hammer for a few years to come.

I think for everybody (new investors and "Crusty's" alike) is that it HAS been a huge journey and youre either on the bus or sell out and move on.

The reality is that the communication from the company has been atrocious, not malicious. The board of directors have made some huge mistakes, often only really after reflection and in hindsight. But the last 3 years have been unprecedented in some of the challenges and changes that all companies have faced particularly explorers moving to producers.

The pace has been glacierly slow, but like the little red fire engine... Slowly but surely we progress.

When I start to have my doubts, or get tired of looking at red alongside VRX... I go back to the research, the resource, the market, and the numbers....

The world might have change dramatically in the last 5 years however, None of those basics have changed....

the greatest risk, I see to our investment is an unsolicited lowball takeover offer in the next 6 months...

And we do have a poison pill to help protect the smaller retail investors, so at least the board had the foresight to have that in place.

so whilst frustrating and annoying... my personal feeling is VRX is one of the safer holdings in my portfolio, and on my investment timeline.

for now I'm going to smile at the latest Twitter Post, reach for my hammer, and go snooze for another 6 months!!!

and I absolutely love reading all the comments, and can't wait to buy some beers when first shipments go out...

sometime "before Xmas"

apo!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.001(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $18.84M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.1¢ 3.0¢ $2.77K 92.32K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 434666 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.1¢ 24678 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.21am 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VRX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.