LKE 6.98% 4.0¢ lake resources n.l.

Hi gassed, the habits of the fringe dwellers are outside my...

1. 312 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63
    Hi gassed, the habits of the fringe dwellers are outside my experience but your hypothesis makes eminent sense to me. The share price held remarkably well yesterday with only 8 small orders executed (13 trades) and only one of those after lunch  late in the afternoon fifteen minutes before close.

The weekend allows us to indulge in speculation of possible events (rather than on share price which is a fruitless exercise).

drill results. 

October 18 "A second drill rig (rotary rig) has been mobilised to drill pre-collar holes to 100 metres depth to assist the diamond rig through the upper gravels into the brine sequence. The rig is on-route to site and arrives this weekend.(October 21) It will expedite the drill program in an effort to achieve earlier assay results from drilling".

November 02  "The diamond drill rig has advanced on drill hole #1 and is currently at about 110 metres.The rotary rig has been completed the pre-collar to 100 metres depth at drill hole #2. This will assist the diamond rig through the upper gravels into the brine sequence in this hole. The two holes are 2500 metres apart.Assays are expected in the coming weeks from the brines being targeted"

Provided no drilling problems were experienced it can be expected that field reports would have provided a good indication of what was in each hole and that information was known to management by end November with assays well underway in the US (just over a week ago)

Given the timing it is probable that porto's advice concerning delayed assay results was a general observation not specifically related to Cauchari which was barely underway when he met the Directors in London. Extended time for assay results might however be attributed to all labs being under the hammer due to the high level of exploration activity including in the US where our assays are completed

No announcements possible until the lab results are in

The 20 cent options were established in March 2018. The subsequent Controlled Placement of $4.8 million over 29 months arranged some months later reduce / eliminate the need to close out the options if a bigger fish is in prospect. That seems to be reinforced by the Shareholder's loan in October with the Director's statement that funding for near term exploration is in the bag (my terminology).

On the premise that LKE has no intention to try to run four projects simultaneously and that Cauchari / Olarez are potential cash cows for Kachi. / Catamarca

1. Pessimistic case ... Cauchari is a dud. No working capital from options, but up to $4.8 million over 29 months from slow drip Controlled Placement. Transfer the rig to Olarez for the exploratory holes planned there Try again with neighbouring Orocobre as the target .

2.  Optimistic case ,, 

The in progress Cauchari drill results and perhaps by now lab results confirm LKE "thesis" that reserves on the margin of the Gangfeng tenements extend to LKE.  It can be expected that discussions are underway with the neighbour and may in fact have preceded the drill programme otherwise why expend working capital that could better be spent at Kachi. 

If this is the case the release of the drill results next week is not critical until an agreement in principle is reached with the neighbour.

Kachi pilot plant from proceeds of Cauchari sale. Capital raise from position of strength second Quarter 2018 for Kachi / Catamarca.

I lost faith in Santa Claus when I was five when I did not receive my train set and am inclined to the pessimistic scenario to avoid disappointment. But I will still hang out my pillow tomorrow and take a sneak peek from time to time next week

Unfortunately I am fully extended and cannot give effect to my buy "Sentiment"

These comments are entirely speculative 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
-0.003(6.98%)
Mkt cap ! $66.52M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.2¢ 4.3¢ 3.9¢ $753.4K 18.59M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 731925 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.1¢ 760271 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.