VTI 0.00% 15.0¢ visioneering technologies inc.

VTI - Has bickering killed discussion?, page-24

1. 1,853 Posts.
    Funkyo you are so `old hat' its not funny.

Here is a post I kept because this guy made sense at a time when I was in VTI and guys like you were going frenzy over VTI. Nothing much has changed in two years. (By the way my associates and friends aren't bailing out on my advice - they left it too late).

Read what this guy said two years ago, and then relaise how stale and old you lot sound. What he wrote was the truth of things then, and more current now.

Topic: ZANE - I AM....I said - about VTI (1 of 2, Read 283 times)
    Conf: HotTips
    Date: 29/05/2000 02:12

ZANE - I am, I said, to no one there……………

I have erroneously been accused of using different nicks.

I have no association with the person(s), whose nicks have been attributed to me. What they do is not my problem - it is theirs and Hotcopper’s to deal with - they can speak for themselves. I fail to see the logic of posting with different nicks, and, I do not condone the practice.

I have asked my friends and colleagues, and, acquaintances I have made on the net, who have alerted me to the brouhaha developing on Hot Copper, to refrain from vouching for my identity and integrity, and adding to this nonsense.

I am able and well-equipped to speak for myself.

I am not a daytrader, although I have done a daytrade or two.
    I am a professional person with a demanding fulltime career. I have a family and a busy lifestyle. I simply have insufficient time to read all the posts and other information on the net of interest to me, let alone do all the posts I am accused of doing.

There must be those, who do not have the ability to distinguish one poster from another, and others, who are gullible enough to be sucked in by those, who mistakenly (or with full malicious intent) have convinced them to believe, that I am one and the same as many other posters. Maybe, this inability to identify one poster, from another, extends to a similar lack of ability in identifying a good trading strategy.

I have to question the motive behind the orchestrated attempt to try to discredit me. Why bother?

I am but a solo anonymous poster, expressing my opinions along with many others. In fact, similar views expressed by others have been posted on this and other forums, both before I did my first post on VTI on 8th May 2000 (btw not my first post on Hot Copper) and after my most recent post.

So, why the need to single me out? What possible perceived influence can my posts have on anybody – none I would have thought? So why the sensitivity?

I have the dubious honour of being mentioned by Bruno Bamonte in an email. Why even bother to acknowledge my presence or my posts, if they are just plain nonsense, as some would have you believe?

In his email on 24th May 2000, addressed to Colin Kingley (? seaking), Bruno Bamonte stated “Virotec have not made any comment on costs for the process to date and we have no intention of doing so. We believe that would prejudice discussions we are having with potential clients. The only comment we do make is that the remarks of Zane are not true and we do not believe the costs of taking Bauxsol to USA is prohibitive.”

If Virotec, as Bruno Bamonte states, have not officially made any comment about transportation costs, then obviously someone has – I believe seaking posted some figures as given by Dr Brian McConchie.

The following figures have been bandied about on the forums -
    - the cost per ton - $50/ton
    - tons needed to treat the Berkeley Pit-400,000 tons
    - tons needed to treat Mt Carrington dam – 250 tons
    - tons needed to treat "medium-sized" dam–500 tons–this amount stated as not being prohibitive.
    - the commercial viability of the transport of such a tonnage
    - tonnage actually needed to be used, other than as stated
    - the distance to be travelled and mode of haulage and transport of such tonnage, etc,etc

- all the above have been questioned and debated vigorously,in all sorts of permutations and combinations, by others, some of whom also questioned the commercial viability of such transport costs. Such is the function of share forums

Since no figures for transport costs were given by Bruno Bamonte, for a valid enough reason, I accept his version, for now, until definite figures are released at the appropriate time. I stand corrected on my opinion about transport costs.

Notably, Bruce Bamonte did not comment on or deny various other points made in my posts. After all, it is just my opinion, with no more or less value than any other poster’s opinion. So why the emphasis on me and my posts?

None of my posts have been pulled by Hotcopper, as someone also wrongly claimed.

Since Hot Copper’s search function goes back only 7 days, I believe, a number of readers possibly have not even read my earlier posts, in order to judge the merits or otherwise, of them.

Many, without justification, often simply jump on the bandwagon of false accusers, whose first method of attack is to personally abuse or try to discredit the person, rather reserve criticism, solely, to the content of the post.

Any poster, who diverges from the favoured, expressed view, invariably has some or all of the following accusations levelled at them –

- is using multiple nicks
    - is a know-nothing newbie
    - must work for a competitor
    - must have an ulterior motive
    - it’s a conspiracy theory
    - doesn’t know what they talking about, etc, etc...........

The possibility of the existence of a valid counter-view – for no other reason than there is one – seems to be too difficult a concept for the minds of some rabid, blind followers of VTI to grasp.

The reason I comment on VTI is because I can. I have followed it since it was TNA.

Because I have degrees in science and medicine, I can follow the gist of the fascinating, complex chemical process and am impressed by the very noteworthy scientific research of Dr Brian McConchie. Dr Gavin Birch and Prof Schuilling also are held in high esteem.

In the days before I first posted on VTI, there was a lot of nonsense being posted about VTI. One poster was urging VTI owners to chill out and not to get ahead of themselves, to let them do their testing and to wait and see. Any hysteria and speculation may become an albatross around VTI’s neck, he said, and that any results and news less than the wildest expectations may result in disappointment. I agreed with this view, but IMHO, it was not only the VTI shareholders’ over-exuberant ramping, which might possibly be damaging to VTI in the long run, but also the over-zealous PR hype put out by the company itself.

My questions have been directed at the overkill of the needless PR hype, reminiscent of the "snake oil" promotions of yesteryear. It creates uneasiness and scepticism. As I’ve stated before, Virotec doesn’t need it. Why do they do it?

IMHO, it sounds trite and unprofessional, as does the "Hot Gossips" section on the VTI website. The frequency of the inconsequential ASX announcements has become a butt of jokes now, eg. announced 30 gallons of water on its way, another announcement that 15 gallons has arrived, next announcement to be expected – the other 15 gallons has arrived - or that the plane carrying the sample is just taking off or has just landed, or even better, an announcement that Harold Holt’s body was found at the bottom of the dam, etc.

By virtue of this, Virotec has made itself an easy target and has invited needless, close scrutiny of its every move, because of its own overdone PR hype, detailing every bit of trivia.

One of the best announcements Virotec has made to date was to inform the public that the testing of the 30 gallon sample of Pit water would take 30 days. This prevents a month-long guessing game as to the time frame required to complete the testing and allows the scientists to do their testing in peace.

The Executive Chairman of Virotec, Brian Sheeran in a letter dated 26th May 2000, bemoans the fact that even though "Virotec’s achievements in just three short months have been remarkable", the company still has detractors.

He is right, of course. But, as he also correctly points out, there is the on-going saga that "the company is tackling over 1 billion litres in a tailings dam" – we know this, we've had enough progress updates. We know the Cd is gone and now the Zn will be eliminated, these announcements were anticipated well in advance. Now the completion of the dam clean-up is what everyone is waiting for.

Instead of quietly getting on with the task at hand, and just doing it, and, then making a truly awesome, grand announcement, the tactic has been to have a countdown on the progress to try to generate even more frenzied PR hype – this has become tiresome and no longer has the desired effect.

Why did they do it?? To try to send the share price up to the dizzy heights, as formerly seen with of the ilk of DVT or PIL?? We know what has happened with these two shares recently.

The VTI public boast of a 10 day time frame to complete Mt Carrington tailings dam, both before and during the treatment of the dam, has made the detractors cynical, and over-zealous shareholders impatient and ramping all sorts of misleading information about pending, imminent deals to be announced, etc.

Instead of awe at Virotec’s creditable achievement in 3 short months, the punters are saying ho-hum why is it taking so long - they said they could treat the Berkeley Pit in 3 months!

So the fact remains, as I stated in one of my first posts on VTI, and as stated in the Virotec announcement on 23th March 2000 - " the Company believes that the environmental clean-up of the polluted Mt Carrington tailings dam will PROVE that the Virotec Solution is commercially viable and is suitable for treating large volumes of water in a quick response time without relying on expensive treatment plants"

We are still waiting for this to happen, there are still a lot of "unknowns".

If VTI is successful in the clean-up, and if miners and others are prepared to pay to clean up the environmental mess, and if a revenue-generating business can be created out of this process - then and only then - will all the critics and detractors be silenced.
    No amount of criticism is going to make a single iota of difference to the guaranteed success of VTI at this point of time.

So why the pre-occupation with one lone poster, whose opinion doesn’t make any difference at all to the success or otherwise of VTI?

Until that time in the future, as previously stated, VTI is a fantastic speculative trading stock. This call has created a lot of hostility. VTI has been very predictable in terms of trading strategies. I love VTI, it is the only stock I have daytraded. The price spikes have fizzled more recently, as most investors have woken up to the dampening effect of the rather lame announcements on occassions. I have made a tidy sum out of VTI and am cashed up ready to jump on for the ride, if indeed, Virotec does what it says it will.

Many people on this forum, as well as others, including some of the biggest public rampers of VTI, such as Al Miller, have sold for a profit. Also some of VTI top 10 shareholders have sold down their holdings. There is nothing, at all, wrong with anyone taking a profit.

But as some traders lamented recently on a forum, no one tells us when they sell. Many ramp and encourage others to buy and often to be caught with over-ramped and over-priced shares. If occasionally, more people advised a selldown and to take a profit, just as loudly and incessantly, as they ramp to buy, many would not be in their present precarious position, holding some shares, which are near worthless.

With absolutely no exception, no one’s word is to be taken as gospel, only as a lead, to do your own research. No one, no matter how expert can be right 100% all of the time. Doing your own homework lessens the risks, especially in these more difficult markets. But some prefer to be spoon fed, and not bother following up on the leads, at their own peril. To each his own.

To those who have been interested enough to read this so far (it’s a bit longer than intended), I repeat I am Zane and no one else. To those who want to believe otherwise, it’s your choice.

To the ego-trippers and attention-seekers on share forums, do your stuff if you have to, in order to get your daily fix of ego-boosting.

Simply because of time constraints, I have to be selective with the posts I read, so ignoring the ones I care not to read is an easy task. Similarly, I usually will not respond because it’s a waste of time.

I prefer not to post, as a rule, because it is too time consuming, however I will if I have something to say. I do not have the necessary expertise to comment on many technology shares, I leave that to others more knowledgeable. I have commented on biotech and medically-related shares on rare occasions.

Other posters, more talented than I, have been deterred from posting on share forums, because of the personal abuse and hostility. This is not the main deterrent to me, I take it for what it is – often as a more-revealing-than-intended insight into the psyche of the deliverer. The main disadvantage of these types of unnecessary posts is that they create a cesspool of vitriol which the unwary reader has to waste time wading through.

Said my bit, for what it’s worth.

Zane is my name, zanetek is the only nick I use on share forums.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VTI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.255M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8260 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.0¢ 9979 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VTI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.