VUL 4.28% $4.25 vulcan energy resources limited

Interesting that you are looking at this on such short time...

1. 558 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    Interesting that you are looking at this on such short time frames - that's not a dig btw, just find it interesting.

My view is more long term, and I tend to look at it on a weekly chart, though I have been finding my exits on daily counter trends.

Noting that this is a fast moving stock, I bought in at 8.15 back at the start of July. At that stage it had:

- confirmed an uptrend on the weekly chart
    - confirmed a trend line (upwards) with 3 visible troughs
    - confirmed a counter trend entry

From there, as we know, it moved upwards quickly, breaking the All Time High of $14.22. I sold my parcel at $13.58 on the fall from this latest All time high at $15.40 (FYI my strategy is to trade this stock, not buy and hold)

If you look at the last peaks between the $14.22 All Time High (ATH) and this latest ATH, you can see each time it peaks, it retraces back to the 61.8% mark on the weekly, fairly consistently - right now we are sitting just below the 38.2% mark of this last ATH. If history repeats, it will fall back to around the $10.50 mark before moving back upwards.

But the low 2 weeks ago is the trough, then we can expect $19.98. This is the 100% extension based on the last major move from $7.56 (point A), up to $15.40 (point B) and back to $12 (point C).

In my view it is more likely to keep falling before it moves back upwards - I say that for a few reasons:

- Volume today is very low compared to average,. and yet we have had a 7% rise at the time of me writing this
    - we have not had a close above the $14.22 high since week of 9th August when it moved above $15
    - the last 2 weekly bars have shown bearish traits: week of 16th opened high, closed on its low, week of 23rd opened low and then closed in the bottom 1/3 of the bar

We do not have enough data yet this week to say which way it is going - but volume is low.

DYOR, but I will be waiting for a confirmed higher low on the weekly chart, and then a close above $14.22 before going back in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VUL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.