VUL 1.68% $4.24 vulcan energy resources limited

I normally don't invest in resource/material companies so they...

1. 183 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    I normally don't invest in resource/material companies so they are off my radar. We've lived off grid with solar and 48v battery system since 1994 and used an electric bike for several years. We bought a second hand electric vehicle (EV) early last year, a Hyundai Kona. It's an excellent car with a good (approx.) 400 km range and lots of power.

Critics of EVs point out that they are powered by dirty coal. Well that's not the case with us and for many other Australians. There's a certain delight in plugging in and putting your own clean renewable energy into your car each day. As Australia continues to embrace the high uptake in solar panels this will increasingly be the case. Even if EVs are partly powered by fossil fuels, the eventual uptake will make a huge difference to the air quality in cities and suburbs. Those who frequently walk beside roads will know what this change offers.

The other criticism of EVs is that they incur a carbon footprint in production. It's become an ahah/gotcha moment for the parrots on Fox News. I don't know why they harp on about this. Environmentalists have never denied this. It's simple science that obtaining materials and altering them requires energy - which strangely doesn't enter their thinking when encouraging "clean" coal carbon capture. Of course there is a carbon debt in manufacturing. Some Trumpists even maintain that solar panels use more power to make than they produce in their lifetime which is a complete fallacy. After a year or so the panels are carbon negative and increased efficiencies in the future will reduce this margin.

This brings me (eventually) to the point about Vulcan. I only came in at the $7 mark as I was previously unaware of the carbon neutral/negative aspect of their planned lithium production. If/when Vulcan brings all these threads together it will be such an attractive company for global ESG funds. Being German based is such a positive in the heart of car manufacturing.

I'm surprised that Australian Ethical Equities currently invests in Pilbera Minerals and Orocobre but not Vulcan. Maybe they are and haven't declared it yet.

Thanks to all the positive VUL contributors who raise ideas/concerns and share relevant information. I wished I had discovered this company sooner but as a buy and hold investor, I'm not disappointed so far and have high expectations. GLTAH!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VUL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.24
Change
0.070(1.68%)
Mkt cap ! $797.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.20 $4.30 $4.08 $1.621M 386.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2147 $4.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.28 507 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VUL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.