VUL 3.07% $4.11 vulcan energy resources limited

DLE is just a generic term and one project "DLE" is not the same...

1. 418 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138

DLE is just a generic term and one project "DLE" is not the same as another.

Rincon Ltd has been at this since 2009.
    "Since 2009 Rincon Ltd has defined its Resource to NI43-101 standards and since 2013 developed a unique patented low cost extraction process which allows lithium to be extracted from raw brine in under 24 hours."

8 years later and they don't have a PFS. ( was due end 2021 but I can't find it )
    I cannot find any details around the success of the pilot plant...
    • how much did they produce?
    • what quality?
    • Was any of the product sent through a product qualification with an end user?

All of which has been done by their conventional brine processing neighbour from the same salar - going into production soon.....

Green credentials seems lacking at face value
    Water use in the desert by their current absorbtion process ( no statement on any recycling )
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3917/3917299-f35891fb89b20dba3217f5a62dfdffbf.jpg

Use of reagents ( waste products ? )
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3917/3917311-7d4f90f56f6a0d009483d4768a080f17.jpg

Read this very good article.
    greener lithium

"DLE technologies use less land and groundwater than hard rock mining and brine evaporation ponds .... - if the technology can work on a large scale."

However, most DLE technologies are more expensive to operate than evaporation ponds, which use sunlight, and some require large volumes of freshwater and electricity.

Albemarle Corp and other traditional lithium producers say they have studied DLE technologies but feel they will not go mainstream until later this decade, given worries about high energy and water use.

"Access to clean water is one of the key hindrances to DLE," said John Peichel of Suez PA's water technology division, which sells equipment to the lithium industry.

"Investors need to weigh the benefits of DLE technology against a host of challenges in tailoring the technology to each lithium deposit," Berry said.

So.... my take is that we don't have enough information on what the current status is with Rincon Ltd and their "DLE" process.
    If it was so good and successfull - then why sell now??

They estimated that they will need another $770M to bring a 50ktpa commercial operation online.
    To my knowledge they have approvals for 25ktpa.

Rincon Lithium.pdf for latest update.

Good luck to Rio, at least they have huge resources to throw at this.
    Last edited by krugerrands: 22/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VUL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.11
Change
-0.130(3.07%)
Mkt cap ! $773.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.29 $4.32 $4.10 $1.698M 408.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 9141 $4.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.14 7855 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VUL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.