VUL 3.07% $4.11 vulcan energy resources limited

A very good read supplementary to the technical...

1. 418 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138
    A very good read supplementary to the technical update
    https://vul.live.irmau.com/site/PDF/78857928-109a-4bb5-bd00-ef1c3c84c998/LithiumProcessingDivisionUpdate

The heated brine may assist in "upgrading"/concentrating the LiCl eluate, but I'm sure generating your own renewable electricity to run the RO and evaporation is a big benefit!

Where the heated brine benefit really comes in is earlier in the flowsheet during the sorbtion process extracting the LiCl molecule from the pre-treated brine.
    "Conventional aluminates perform best at elevatedtemperature in the range between 60-100°C, which is due to improved kinetics of LiCl intercalation intothe material."

Some of the problems with DLE technologies is water use, energy use and durability of the extraction medium.

"Albemarle Corp and other traditional lithium producers say they have studied DLE technologies but feel they will not go mainstream until later this decade, given worries about high energy and water use."

"Access to clean water is one of the key hindrances to DLE," said John Peichel of Suez PA's water technology division, which sells equipment to the lithium industry."

Which is some of the reasons I like the play that Vulcan is making.
    No water issues on the location and producing their own renewable power ( solves the energy use problem ) alongside the fact that the brine is already heated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VUL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.11
Change
-0.130(3.07%)
Mkt cap ! $773.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.29 $4.32 $4.10 $1.698M 408.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 9141 $4.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.14 7855 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VUL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.