VUL 5.32% $4.55 vulcan energy resources limited

Selected Quotes: "Yeah, we’re fully funded to completion of our...

1. 773 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 269
    Selected Quotes: "Yeah, we’re fully funded to completion of our definitive feasibility study and FID as well. So yeah, the company is very well set up for the foreseeable future, which is great."
    "Right, and you knew that there was geothermal brines, lithium brines in the upper Rhine region of Germany?
    That's right, yeah. We looked at where this could be done. It was really two areas in the world. One was the Salton Sea in California and the other was the Upper Rhine Valley in Germany. It actually goes into France as well, a third of the Upper Rhine Valley sort of geothermal lithium resource, if you like, goes into France. And started the company with a chap called Dr Horst Kreuter, who's a German geothermal expert and has been in the industry since it started in the 90s, and Horst was really instrumental in picking out the key areas for us to focus on in the Upper Rhine Valley."
    "And does the fact that you're not too far from Munich, the BMW factory or the Volkswagen factory, is that an important factor in this thing as well?
    Very much so, yeah. There is a cost of transport for lithium. It is sort of, I guess what's called a semi bulk. And there's obviously a carbon footprint as well, which is becoming increasingly important as the European Union has just introduced regulations or announced regulations, I should say, to limit the carbon footprint of battery production in the EU..."
    "Take us through the timetable that you now have in your business plan.Sure. The next 18 months will essentially be focused on executing on the piloting... We are aiming for completion of that by Q2, 2022. So just under 18 months from now and from there, obviously going to financing and construction, we're aiming for first production by 2024 and scaling up production from there as the market grows, we'll be scaling up production from there."
    "Right. Okay. We're talking what let's see $440 million or $500 million worth of revenue?
    Correct. Yeah. We also have revenues from the geothermal, as I mentioned. We're talking about roughly a 74 megawatts geothermal electricity business. We're looking at potentially splitting these businesses into two because the typical investor profile of a geothermal asset is quite different to that of the lithium chemicals asset..."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VUL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.