VUL 0.67% $4.44 vulcan energy resources limited

I think there will be a mix of many solutions not just Lithium...

1. 1,585 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 285
    I think there will be a mix of many solutions not just Lithium batteries, it could never manage to do it all on its own!

Vanadium redox flow batteries (VRFB) look to be a good solution as solid state industry storage - check out china's city Dalian planning to power suburbs off these.
    https://www.vanadiumcorp.com/news/industry/where-now-for-the-worlds-largest-energy-storage-battery-in-china/

“We think there’s a revolution coming in vanadium redox flow batteries..{..}..The beauty of the vanadium redox battery is that you can charge and discharge it at the same time, something that can’t be done with a lithium battery. With a vanadium redox flow battery, you can put solar power and wind power into the battery, and you can put excess grid power into the battery at night, and at the same time you can have a stable output into the grid,” Friedland stated in 2017.As well as those impressive feats, vanadium batteries have an expected lifetime of approximately 20,000 cycles with no degradation for the first 20 years (other estimates suggest greater numbers). Not only that, it also fits seamlessly into the circular economy; a vanadium battery can be remodelled into a steel rebar, for example. This is not lost on analysts and experts who are predicting huge growth in the flow market over the coming years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VUL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.