VUL 2.21% $4.42 vulcan energy resources limited

VUL megathread, page-7721

1. 10,615 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    I asked my AI Bot if VUL has access to high Lithium content and this was the answer:
    "
    Vulcan Energy Resources is known for having high lithium content in their geothermal brine. Their Zero Carbon Lithium™ project, located in the Upper Rhine Valley in Germany, taps into deep geothermal brine reservoirs with a relatively high concentration of lithium. This region is considered to have one of Europe's largest lithium resources.
    Here are some key points about Vulcan's brine lithium content:
    1. High Lithium Concentrations: The brine from Vulcan’s project contains lithium concentrations that are commercially viable. Although specific concentrations can vary, Vulcan reports lithium grades ranging from 181 mg/L to 220 mg/L in the geothermal brine, which is considered relatively high for lithium brine extraction.
    2. Geothermal Brine: The geothermal nature of the brine adds another dimension to its value. It is not only rich in lithium but also provides renewable energy from the heat of the Earth's crust. This allows Vulcan to produce lithium in a more environmentally friendly and energy-efficient manner compared to traditional methods.
    3. Sustainable Extraction: Vulcan aims to use a Direct Lithium Extraction (DLE) process, which is faster and more efficient than traditional evaporation pond methods. This process allows for higher recovery rates, making even moderate lithium concentrations commercially feasible.
    In summary, Vulcan Energy Resources has access to geothermal brine with high lithium content, and their innovative approach to extraction could provide a sustainable supply of lithium for Europe."
    I then went on to ask my AI Bot about VUL and TDS and got this respsonse:
    "
    Vulcan Energy Resources' geothermal brine from the Upper Rhine Valley is known to contain dissolved silica, as is typical in geothermal brines. However, the concentration of total dissolved silica (TDSi) in their specific brine source is not widely publicized in detail. Geothermal brines, in general, often have varying levels of silica, and managing it is a known challenge in geothermal energy and lithium extraction projects.
    Vulcan's Zero Carbon Lithium™ project is based on geothermal energy, where brine is extracted from deep underground and then reinjected after the lithium has been removed. Given the nature of geothermal brines, it is likely that the brine contains significant dissolved silica, which could pose challenges such as equipment scaling, fouling, and potential interference with the Direct Lithium Extraction (DLE) process.
    However, Vulcan Energy has been developing and optimizing its DLE technology, which suggests that they are aware of these issues and have measures in place to manage silica and other impurities. Their goal is to implement a sustainable and efficient extraction process, and they are likely addressing potential silica-related challenges through pre-treatment or advanced filtration technologies.
    While the exact silica content of Vulcan's brine is not specified in public sources, silica management is a common consideration in geothermal lithium projects, and Vulcan's technological approach likely includes strategies to handle it effectively."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VUL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.