KDR 0.00% $1.90 kidman resources limited

This part of the article is very interesting along with Halpo’s...

1. 272 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138
    This part of the article is very interesting along with Halpo’s post on the 26 January  that VW may be interested in buying a mine. Makes sense if the most expensive part of an EV is the battery then save money by buying the mine and produce the batteries  at a far lower cost. 
    Maybe wishfully thinking.....

“Carmakers have failed to mass-produce electric cars profitably largely because of the prohibitive cost of battery packs which make up between 30 percent and 50 percent of the cost of an electric vehicle.A 500 km-range battery costs around $20,000, compared with a gasoline engine that costs around $5,000. Add to that another $2,000 for the electric motor and inverter, and the gap is even wider.Even electric start-up Tesla's cheapest car, the Model 3, is on sale in Germany at 55,400 euros, priced just below a base model Porsche Macan, a compact SUV. In the United States, Model 3 prices start at $35,950.VW believes its scale will give it an edge to build an electric vehicle costing no more than its current Golf model, about 20,000 euros, using its procurement clout as the world's largest car and truck maker to drive down the cost.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.